Train Asked on June 5, 2014 in Road Status Query For Road Trip.
A fun thing happened to me when I became a professional musician: I started hearing really high-level music for free all the time. This is the secret that professional musicians don’t want to tell you. Sure, we want you to pay us, but we don’t really pay to see stuff anymore. I spend all day in rehearsals, listening to great artists make great music, and if, in the evenings, my ears aren’t bleeding yet, I can usually get comp tickets to whatever my friends are performing in.
- 1232 views
- 2 answers
- 1 votes
Train Asked on June 5, 2014 in Question's About Cars & Bike for roadtrip.
Learn Logo Design
- Learn how to make a logo that doesn’t suck:
- You’ll want to take it a step further than a logo though. Learn to create a consistent brand – from the website to the business cards. Check out this book, .
Learn Mobile App Design
- Start with to get your feet wet on visual design for mobile apps.
- Read this short but very comprehensive and well-thought out book on iPhone design: . It will teach you how to make an app that not only looks good but is easy to use.
- Geek out on the apps on your phone. Critique them. What works and what doesn’t?
Learn Web Design
- Read to learn how to make a website that people find easy to use and navigate.
- Read if you want help making a website look good.
- Make a list of the websites you think are beautifully designed. Note what they have in common. Some great examples are on .
Now for the hairy question of whether you need to know HTML/CSS as a designer: It depends on the job. Knowing it will definitely give you an edge in the job market. Even if you don’t want to be a web developer, it helps to know some basics. That way you know what is possible and what isn’t.
There are so many great resources to learn HTML and CSS:
- My favorite free one is .
- My favorite paid one (pretty affordable at $25/month) is . If you’re starting from the beginning and want someone to explain things clearly and comprehensively, splurge for Treehouse tutorials.
- 1627 views
- 1 answers
- 0 votes
Train Asked on June 5, 2014 in Technology For Road Trip.
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”
- 656 views
- 1 answers
- 0 votes